Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Paper Crafting World-Cocoa & Gift Card holder

Welcome to Day 12 of Paper Crafting World 25 Days of Christmas Celebration.
Today our theme is KRIS and KOMPANY

Create a project using Santa (Kris Kringle) and or his merry band of workers, elves, Ms. Claus, etc. !.
Today I used the FANTASTIC DIGI that PCW is offering as a freebie so be sure to stop by the site to pick it up cause these are DAILY freebies.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
I used some of my Flocking power to thicken Kris beard and colored the image with my Copics. I then decided to create this gift card, hot cocoa holder.
 
I can not find the video link that I got this one from but I do have the dimensions so I will list them if anyone wants to try this.
 
1 piece of cardstock 6 3/4 x 7 3/8
1 piece 3 1/4 x 4 7/8
1 piece 2 1/2 x 3/12
 
For the large piece score on the vertical side @ 3 1/2 and then turn the other side vertical so that you score again @ 3 1/2 to create the thin band in the center of the card
 
For the cocoa pocket score vertically @ 4 1/8 and 4 1/2
then horizontally score at 2 1/2 and 2 7/8
cut out the very bottom corners and then fold the crease lines inward and tape the bottoms score lines to the large cardstock (I used scor tape for this)
Tape on the side and bottom and leave top part open to slide your Cocoa packet into.
 
For Gift card just tape side and bottom leaving top open to slide in card.
 
I found it easier to decorate everything first and then add the cocoa gift holder part. 
 
You can create a belly band or a ribbon to hold this close.
 
I will be entering this one into the following challenges:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Love all the texture you gave on your Santa! Wonderful gift holder! Thanks for the instructions on how to make it! Great job on it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful.Thanks for sharing with us at CBN.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!Cute!Cute!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    www.craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute cocoa holder...love that Santa image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so gorgeous olivia.fab gift idea and i love the sweet santa :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great gift card holder, love the Santa image. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Merry Christmas.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's clever! A card that holds not just one, but two gifts! Exceptionally well done. I think it's terrific and I love the way it holds all together with the decorated band. :)


    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute Santa! Love the texture on his beard. Thankyou for joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network

    Geraldine M
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete